Once we receive your application, we will contact your vet and landlord for reference checks (if applicable) prior to contacting you.
Whether you have seen a specific Dog and want additional information, or you are looking for a specific type of dog and need some help with your search, the Long Trails to Happy Tails Dog Rescue team can help you with your adoption process.
A Long Trails to Happy Tails Dog comes vetted based on the needs of the dog when it was rescued and while under our care. Our dogs are closely monitored while in Long Trails to Happy Tails Foster homes, and Long Trails to Happy Tails Fosters can provide an assessment of the dog’s personality and ideal living situation.
Before you apply for a Long Trails to Happy Tails Dog, please keep the following requirements in mind:
• Adopters must be 21 years of age.
• Vet History checks are completed prior to approving your application. All current pets must be spayed/neutered and current on vaccinations prior to application approval.
• Homechecks must be completed prior to adoption.
• Puppies under the age of 16 weeks can only be adopted by residents of North Carolina.
• Understand that adding a Long Trails to Happy Tails Dog to your family is both a time and financial commitment.
• Recognize that no dog is perfect, and be willing to commit to the dog on current and future behavioral and medical issues.